Last post you received a tasty smoothie recipe to help you recover after a workout.
So now you’re going to find why you would want to use those ingredients.
- Banana: electrolytes Potassium and Magnesium
- Mixed berries blueberry/strawberry/blackberry: are anti-inflammatory and contain Vitamin C
- Ground flax seed: contains omega-3 fatty acid which rebuild tissue and also is anti-inflammatory
- Protein shake mix: delivers amino acids for muscle support (may also have vitamins and minerals)
- Fresh ginger root: anti-inflammarory and anti-oxidant, promotes good digestion
- Cinnamon spice: powerful anti-oxidant polyphenol and anti-inflammatory
- Kale: an anti-oxidant with vitamins, minerals, calcium, and high-fibre
- Papaya: anti-oxidant, Vitamin C, electrolytes Magnesium and Potassium
- Water: hydration
So there you go, not only are these ingredients tasty they also serve a helpful purpose…to get your body healing faster so you can feel better and be stronger for your next day of workout or exercise!
Have any comments or other favourite ingredients you like to use in your recovery smoothies? Please leave a comment on my Facebook Page